Intel Hex or New Quad

• Thread starter Deleted member 1441076
  • Start date

Which would you pick?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1441076

I was wondering as I couldn't really tell which would be better for a power user. I run a lot of programs and 1-2 games under circumstances. Currently, I have a i7 2.66 GHZ quad core CPU. I'm looking to build a new computer shortly. So, I was wanting a better opinion on this conflicting option.

Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor BX80646I74790K

Compared to:

Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 6-Core 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K

Any suggestions/pros+cons for reasoning? I was going to go with the 4.0 for faster processing, or would the hexa-core be better for multitasking?

Thanks,
Sailent

All I can tell you is to NOT build with the Sandy Bridge processor now. In about 3 months or so Intel should be releasing their high-end refresh for the Extreme line. THat Sandy bridge is already a few generations old technology. Ivy Bridge and Haswell came out after it.

The Intel i7-4790K is a very nice processor and will work just fine for the vast majority of applications out there. Additionally, the motherboards are a little cheaper for them, since the higher volumes keep the prices more reasonable. All in- going with that you should easily save $400-500 on a build.