Looking for IPS monitor below USD 200 for gaming

HeavenBlade

Reputable
May 19, 2014
Hello all,

I am looking for a good 23-24" IPS monitor (1080p) powered by gtx 770 for mainly playing RPG games and a lot of video/movie watching. Since, the IPS panels provide better color and I would be rarely playing any FPS games, I figured IPS would be the way to go. Dell UltraSharp looks impressive but its more than my budget. Can I get it cheaper than 200 from any place?
I have also looked at Asus VS247H-P and Acer H236HL BID which are cheaper than the Dell. My question, is dell worth the extra 80-100 bucks. Which one would you suggest in terms of price/performance ratio? I am open to other monitor suggestions as well.

Thanks for your help!

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin? US

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.) RPG Games and Movie Watching

3. What resolution and screen size do you want? 1080p

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.) I guess 60Hz

5. How much are you looking to spend? Max 200 USD

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. ) Any good brand with warranty

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why) No idea

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor? Just 1

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable? MSI GTX 770 TwinFrozer 2GB

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc). DVI

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display? Primary

Solution
no, why? simple

Is the same panel
Asus have excellent build quality
Is 50 dollars cheaper
The dell model have 8ms so you might see some ghosting, the asus is 5ms recommended for gamers

so i would go for the asus model, i hope it helped you :D

6R1M01R3

Distinguished

There is a handful of ultrasharp monitors ^^; so if you could give the exact model of it, I could look onto it's specs and if it is worth it c:

HeavenBlade

Reputable
May 19, 2014

I was talking about this model dell ultrasharp u2312hm. Its around 80 bucks more than the Asus VS239H-P, so it won't be fair to compare these two but is this dell worth the extra price tag.

joselo025

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
no, why? simple

Is the same panel
Asus have excellent build quality
Is 50 dollars cheaper
The dell model have 8ms so you might see some ghosting, the asus is 5ms recommended for gamers

so i would go for the asus model, i hope it helped you :D

Solution