Help with NOCTUA NH D14

Tags:
  • Noctua
  • GPUs
  • Hardware
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 19, 2014 4:02:07 AM

My noctua nh d14 fan clips won't fit on my mobo so I removed it from the heatsink. But it still touches my gpu, is this configuration safe or it kinda short gpu or what? Please I need help, this is my 2nd cpu cooler for this build and i don't want to waste money.

Motherboard: MSI B85M E45
GPU: Sapphire Toxic R9 280X

More about : noctua d14

Related resources
June 19, 2014 4:53:40 AM

does the noctua actually touch the card ? it is hard to tll from the image ? if it doesn't you will be fine
June 19, 2014 5:06:57 AM

mickypheonix said:
does the noctua actually touch the card ? it is hard to tll from the image ? if it doesn't you will be fine

Yes, i removed the one clip of the fans, so the metals of noctua touches the backplate of my gpu, they're in contact but not pushing away each other..
June 19, 2014 5:11:30 AM

be carefull there , this may create a short ,
slip a thin piece of plastic or cardboard between the gpu and tower fan clips to prevent this happening if you can and you should be ok
June 19, 2014 5:38:38 AM

mickypheonix said:
be carefull there , this may create a short ,
slip a thin piece of plastic or cardboard between the gpu and tower fan clips to prevent this happening if you can and you should be ok

Ok thanks, I'm completely lost, my mobo sucks, I'll go buy and sell. I'm looking forward to msi b85m g43 gaming, for $114..
June 19, 2014 5:40:47 AM

hope it all goes well for you , all the best
!