Upgrading my computer, and need advice on my picks.

Caveman42

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/smK4pg

The main focus on my upgrade was to get a better case, so I can better manage my wires, because right now they are a mess (it was a built PC i bought from the store). The link above shows what I was going to go with to upgrade
I have a 700W power supply (not sure the brand, its the one that came with the PC). I recently replaced my video card with a GeForce GTX760. The ram my PC came with was 16GB, but I'm not sure of the brand, I wanted to update that with a name brand RAM but keep the 16GB.

What do you guys think of my selections? Will the 700W power supply be good enough? Also I wasn't sure of the motherboard to get, is the one I selected a good choice?

nodiga

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
The minimum recommended PSU for the GTX 760 is 500 watts. So your 700W power supply should be o.k.. The Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87 is a great motherboard and now with the release of the Z97 mobos you may be able to find better deals on Z87 boards. A word of caution though you should avoid mixing RAM from different manufacturers. Good Luck