Save new pc drivers to disk or download from internet for new build

ElGato

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
Hey guys,
Getting ready to attempt my first build and I'm just curious which method for installing the most updated drivers to a new PC. Should I download them and save them to a removable HD before the build while my old PC is up or just download from the internet once the build is complete? Thanks for the advice, cheers

nodiga

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
Get the latest LAN drivers, also known as network drivers, from your new motherboard manufacturer's website and save to removable HDD. Build your rig then install LAN drivers from removable HDD. That way you can connect to internet to get the latest drivers off the internet. Good Luck

ElGato

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
Thanks for the response, since you suggest download the LAN drivers to a removable disk should I just pre-download all the required driver updates to disk before hand?

nodiga

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
Whatever is most convenient for you. I personally only download the LAN drivers in case of unforeseen interruptions during the build process . That way if I don't get back to my build after several days or weeks I can still download the latest drivers online.