Combine Two Antennas for Over the Air

jeff-j

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
I right now have a standard metal TV antenna in my attic to receive the stations. Right now I get in PBS but it is a weak single. I also have a pre-amp installed to boost the single. I picked up one of those clear-tv antennas from walmart for $15 bucks just to see. To my surprise I get most of the channels I do now plus some extra. The signal from PBS is much stronger. Is there anyway to combine the two antennas? Could I just combine the copper core from both and then have that go into the pre-amp. My pre-amp is a RCA one and it has a decitated UHF and VHF input plus a UHF/VHF combo which is what my current antenna is plugged into. I live in Cleveland if that helps.

You could try using a splitter in reverse to combine the antenna signals but I don't think it will help you, may even be worse. I would try running the Walmart antenna without the preamp since it sound like a pre digital one. With a digital signal you either get it full quality or you get zero so more signal will only help if their is drift and the channel goes out and in. You can overload a digital tuner,