F2A85-M Pro Motherboard issues

DragsZombies

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
I have a F2A85-M Pro ASUS Motherboard and I have currently been having some issues with it. I'm rather good a troubleshooting problems with computers, but this one has got me stumped.

Recently, as I boot up my system, I have the American Megatrends screen pop up for my bios telling me to recover my bios settings or go into setup, but I know everything is good and I don't know why it's doing this. But the other part is when I do go into setup and save anything that I did, which I don't touch the bios that often(only when I check fan speeds) it'll start up correctly. Also, not to mention that every time this happens it resets my time back to 2011 and I have to update it.

It's starting to become a problem because this system is for my parents and they are not the best at computers and it's rather irritating for them.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Jake.

DragsZombies

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Please take into consideration that this computer is only about 2 months old, and it still pretty new. Unless some parts aren't working correctly. Where would I be able to get one of these CMOS Batteries by any chance, and could I have a link?

Thanks,

Jake.

norsestar

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
You'll need to check your motherboard manual or look at the motherboard itself, but I'd guess it's a standard CR2032 3V lithium coin cell that you can find at your local electronics store/megamart/drugstore for about US$2.

From your description of the problem, it sounds like the BIOS is complaining that the settings have been lost. The settings and the clock are both dependent on that battery. You also say this started recently, so it must not have done it before and so it's not a Clear CMOS jumper problem. Besides, it's a cheap and easy thing to try... :)

DragsZombies

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
I will try that, if that is not the case, I will come back here and see if I can sort it out if problems continue.

Thanks,

Jake.