Opinion about site

teradoom

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hi,

I have been daily follower of tomshardware news for quite a long time and overall i am very pleased with the information and support provided by the community and the site.

However, there are two things i would like to see more often.

The 1st would be the review of lower buged motherboards and cases. In particular mobos, im talking about H81 and B85. As i looked upon the specs off the H88 and above i really dont see the justification of needing more than 4 sata 6Gbit. And i wonder how many people acutally have more than 2 drives in total. Im sure the majority of the users here do but i aint one of them.

So if it aint asking to much, i wonder if there could be more coverage of low end mobos as i believe, despite for overclockers - programmers and other sorte of heavy rendering applications - there isnt much point buying z88 or h88 for gaming (i believe).

The same goes for cases and any other hardware.

The second thing would be for tomshardware to provide some give aways also to the UK or Europe as well. Really anoyes me to see enter this and that to win and it always if for USA only.

Just my 2cents.

Solution
I'll pass along the suggestion for more reviews of low-end mobos to the editorial guys. And, check out a giveaway we've got going on in Graphics & Displays right now for a video card - it's wide open. :)

-JP
I'm not officially afflicated to TH in anyway, but I'm a regular reader just like you...

I don't mean to answer this in place of more official people from TH, but Tom's hardware, like most tech journalism websites, can ONLY review hardware that is sent to them by manufacturers, they don't really go out and purchase their own to review. sure they can approach a company and ask for a specific mobo or GPU or whatnot, but whether or not the company sends it to them is entirely up to the company. This is common practice among tech journalists, as the websites don't really have a budget to be constantly buying hardware from every company