Good all-purpose PC monitor

Matto_LSI

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
Looking for a new monitor, preferably 24", for use with casual gaming (mp and sp), work (database applications, web browsing, Office docs/spreadsheets, etc...), some tv and videos.

Biggest concerns:
Decent colors
Quick response time
HDMI & DVI
1920x1200 (16:10) preferred (1080 works if price is right)

I have looked at a lot of monitors and can't decide. I looked at a BenQ gaming monitor but reviews deterred me for everyday use. I like 16:10 Dells, but good ones are pricey. If I find the right monitor for me, I'll spend the money, but I don't want to end up trying out multiple monitors by way of Amazon's return policy.

I'd really love to find a great all purpose IPS monitor for under $300, but I'll gladly welcome all advice. Thanks!

Solution
I kinda like our BenQ MVA panel. We have a smaller one, but the 24" is the BenQ GW2450. Really nice colours and contrast, a little sluggish in games but if you aren't seriously gaming then I doubt you would notice all that much. MVA is kind of like a hybrid, think of it as a trade off between TN and IPS. Plus, super cheap.

Traciatim

Distinguished
I kinda like our BenQ MVA panel. We have a smaller one, but the 24" is the BenQ GW2450. Really nice colours and contrast, a little sluggish in games but if you aren't seriously gaming then I doubt you would notice all that much. MVA is kind of like a hybrid, think of it as a trade off between TN and IPS. Plus, super cheap.

Solution