Ps4 on 4k monitor (Question)

xxm0rtexx

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
So I am buying the Samsung ud590 for a good price and I wanted to know if the ps4 will look the same as 1080p monitor or worse on it (Since I know Ps4 doesn't support 4k for games) and I want to know if its going to have an input lag or a fps decrease or loss, I am buying it for this and for future purposes.

Solution
It's outputting 1080p, so no fps difference. You'll get blurring from it stretching but it'll depend on viewing distance if you can see it. Reviews have said input lag is fine.

xxm0rtexx

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014

That means I will get 60 fps on my PS4, my other question is:

how about the input lag? will upscaling affect the input lag? because It says in the ad of the monitor that is has 1 ms best input lag for gaming and such.

Scaling makes no difference to input lag. 1ms is response time not input lag. Response time is usually gtg, meaning the time it takes for a pixel to change from gray to white to gray. This deals with reducing ghosting. No one seems to be mentioning any input lag issues with it.

FaizanTkhan

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
So i plugged in my PS4 to a Samsung 4k tv (UNE55F9000) so when you connect to such tv it will display the image as 1080p but it will enhance the picture and try to bring it to 4k quality but to be honest it was worst experience as there was a delay in image processing or in other words frame, in bf4 they guy killed me and left and i saw it once i was dead .. so i think was getting 30 fps im not 100% sure , then i went with samsung 4k monitor and the same issue occur this time the monitor didn't try to enhance the picture quality so the pixels looks like bit wired and the same issue appeared with BF4 or any other game which is a bit disappointment .... when i have my ps4 plugged in to asus 1080p 144hz monitor the image processing was good and the response was quicker now i dont think i was getting 144 fps but it was for sure a good experience to play games on that monitor . Thanks

misterKD

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
Hi, i have a problem, i have this monitor and in 4k everything looks amazing, but when i try to run PS4 or 2K/1080p gaming it looks blurry. PS4 doesn't look good at all, its not crips at all. What should i do?? my hdmi cable is this one:http://www.samsclub.com/sams/hdmi-9ft-cables-2-pack/prod11390138.ip

Help will be appreciated. Cheers.

Herbert19

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015

Did you ever resolve this? Interested as I'm considering buying PS4 due to deals right now.