780 Ti SLI 1080p single monitor- how long will it last?

asim1999

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Sorry if I didn't make this clear in my last SLI question, only using one monitor. Will buy a 780 Ti now and in a couple of years when prices go down, get a second 780 Ti. So how long will this last me until I have to take games below high (not ultra) settings
And when it will take games to everything on low/minimum settings?
All answers greatly appreciated !
Thanks

CGurrell

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
I would say at least 3 years, more likely 5, but this cannot be predicted as nobody can accurately predict the future and be correct 100% of the time. You also have to think about your CPU, RAM, HDD/SSD etc.

And 5 years is my estimation (or guess) for high, but in all honesty I couldn't predict accurately the lifespan of this setup, even with all of the info.

CAaronD

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
I guess 4 years or so to play on high for a single 780ti. And then you SLI and get to play ultra/high for another year or two. Well i can't really say. Probably when cryengine 5 comes out you can run things on medium/high with your 780ti. So it's better to just update your system every 4 years or so.

Seriously? How the hell are any of us to know what will be needed in 4 years from now? If you are purchasing a system for 4 years from now, do yourself a favor and don't. Buy one for now, and upgrade to a newer GPU when you are needed. It'll be cheaper that way.

TRENDING THREADS