Help finding heat sink with these requirements:

BryansTH

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
To be clear, this is not for building a PC.
I am toying around with solar power and I have a large peltier cooling unit I'm going to be using in a parabolic mirror setup. I need a cooling device and I am pretty much looking at the personal computer market, as I figured there might be a solution out there with all the enthusiasts.

I thought this would be a good place to ask. My heatsink requirements are listed below:

• ■ must have a baseplate with minimum dimensions of 62 X 62 mm (size of the surface I am trying to cool)
    ■ must use heat pipes (do not care what diameter)
    ■ must use traditional style case fan (do not care what diameter)

The size requirements basically put me into the server heatsink category, and the trouble I run into is a lot of those massive copper units don't use heat pipes (they use blowers or are designed for the crossflow of air in a server rack).

Also need to point out that a lot of times the copper base plate is large enough, but stepped, and the stepped portion is usually too small. If I absolutely have to, I can take this thing to a mill and take down the surface so that it is flush, but I'd prefer not to.

I have no material requirement, copper is preferrable. Any combination of copper/aluminum will do.

I am not against liquid cooling solutions, I don't know if it is possible to get a large water cooling block, but I would prefer to keep the overall design as simple (reliable) as possible.

Combatmed1

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
I do not know the exact specs for the baseplate, however, The Noctua nh-d14 or d15 would probably do the trick for you. I would simply email them and ask the baseplate size.