Your question

Installing CPU Heat Sink Fan

Tags:
  • Heat
  • Fan
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
June 23, 2014 8:19:36 PM

Hello, I'm new to hardware forum so I'm glad I'm glad I found this.
So, I just bought Intel heat sink fan for my CPU that already had a noisy fan. I try to replace it because I have to control fan's RPM manually. My motherboard is ASUS P5KPL and my CPU is Intel core 2 quad q6600 at 2.40GHz and socket LGA 775. I try to install heat sink fan but I first remove the old fan to replace it. However the four push pin won't go in even though I turn it to clockwise direction.
How can I install this heat sink fan? Although I noticed that my case and motherboard are pretty close.

More about : installing cpu heat sink fan

a c 82 à CPUs
June 23, 2014 8:21:04 PM

Which CPU cooler are you trying to install? Not all are compatible with LGA 775.
June 26, 2014 6:59:10 PM

TechCIDLC said:
Which CPU cooler are you trying to install? Not all are compatible with LGA 775.
It's a stock one that it came with. It was sold by intel and there saying that this is a CPU cooler that comes with CPU box. I bought this computer but the fan doesn't control RPM automatically. Cooler master ones are pretty pricy so I thought intel one would be fine. Any ideas on installation?

Related resources
a c 82 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 7:13:03 PM

Did the cooler come with a manual? Have you read it?
June 27, 2014 12:52:21 PM

TechCIDLC said:
Did the cooler come with a manual? Have you read it?

June 27, 2014 12:55:20 PM

It didn't came with manual. It was a fan itself in a plastic rapper, although I have read the instructions on the motherboard manual. The manual was instructing the stock one that I just bought, the push pin one.If Intel one doesn't work, is there any better, low cost cooler that is hold on by the screws?