my friend is having computer issues

Baumy15

Reputable
May 12, 2014
on Saturday my friend bought a pc and I build it and he thought he was a good overclocker and changed his 6300 doubled his multiplier (so it was on something like 8Ghz and was using the stock cooler and didn't change the volts) and his computer had a complete meltdown and now he crashed every time he plays watch dogs and doesn't play minecraft aswell as it used to before he became Einstein.

what do you think is wrong I think he has damaged his cpu somehow

drums101

Distinguished
did he leave the voltage settings on auto? maybe that hiked it up when he tried overclocking when he obviously didnt know what he was doing. Has he reset his bios back to defaults? If he doesnt know how to do that in the BIOS he could just pull the mobo battery out for 30 seconds then pop it back in.

If that does not solve his problem he most likely damaged his cpu and if thats the case he better start trying to return it. Report back on setting the BIOS settings back to default

Baumy15

Reputable
May 12, 2014

its on auto bios was returned but his cpu was 67 degrees when we started it up and his computer runs hot as it is and the stock cooler doesn't help but can you get a replacement if you have overclocked? from what I have read your warranty is voided if you OC.

drums101

Distinguished
The warranty is most likely voided if you overclock but do they know that you overclocked it? (un-ethical to try and return it but who am I to judge?) Download a program called CPUZ and tell me what the voltage is while the cpu is under load...its possible the motherboard is overvolting the cpu hardcore for some reason

TRENDING THREADS