Fps spikes(stuttering) in games after monitor upgrade.

G

So i upgraded from a 1440x900 monitor to a 1920x1080 monitor and now i'm getting random fps spikes in the form of massive stuttering that freezes the screen for a few seconds. I checked if my games are taking more than 2gb of video memory, but it wasn't. The max that the games were taking was about 1900mb. What could be the problem here? please help.

Spec info
i7 3770k @ 4.2ghz
SLI gtx 680 2gb vram
8gb corsair vengeance ram
850w Corsair psu
samsung ssd
msi z77a gd 65 motherboard

G

Yes, i got the latest beta drivers but i got them BEFORE i started using the new monitor. Should i reinstall drivers? BTW this problem was not present when i was using my older monitor.

G

The problem persisted after the rollback. Massive stuttering still happens making games like bf4 and hardline unplayable even though they use to run just fine on the older monitor. Any other ideas?

G

Tried with SLI turned off. In addition to the spikes, i got frame loss too. With sli turned on i only got 1sec long screen freezes then right back up to 60fps, but with sli turned off i get dips to the 50s and the spikes too.

G

Well, it looks like the fan on my first card is starting to die out and its making a weird noise when it ramps up. Looks like its time for an RMA :( is there a cheap way to replace the fan tho or is it no possible?

UPDATE : both gpus ran in a very similar way when i ran them individually. The only discovery i've made was the one about the fan on my first card. So far, i still don't know what is causing my stuttering problems. :(

G

What about options in the bios? i've never messed with any options in the bios before and i heard that there are some options like power saving that can make gaming performance worse. I know absolutely nothing about the bios options for my motherboard or what they mean so i've never messed with them. Can you help me out and point me to the ones i should turn on or off to see if it solves my fps stuttering issues?

Did you get the same fps spike problems with one card at a time?

Do you get the same problem with another card? Do your cards have the same problem in another pc?

Download and run HWInfo - Sensors and post the results - usually 3 screenshots on TinyPic or similar

G

Took pictures and put them in my photobucket for you, just cycle through to see all 3 pictures. Here's the link
http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/sherifsaid123/media/Screenshot2_zpsd391f06e.png.html

spiking problems persist with one card while playing the same games and average fps is also worse too, which is to be expected with only one card installed anyway. I do not own another card besides these 2 or another computer to test them on unfortunately.

G

yep, i used a whole new monitor if you remember from earlier and i used a brand new HDMI cable with it. Stutter was actually worse after that and thats why i made the post....well part of the reason why. Do you think my idle cpu temp and psu volts are something that i should be concerned about tho?

G

So i've discovered something today using HWinfo. I played a game and made HWinfo pop out a graph of the status of the 12v,3.3, and 5v rails while i'm playing the game. All 3 of them get very very tiny dips for example the 12v will go down from 11.968 to 11.880 ad the 3.3 would go from 3.328 to 3.296 and the 5v would go from 4.961 to 4.919. Does that matter at all or is this suppose to happen?