New Graphics card No monitor display

DentistPHD

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
I just got a new graphics card from a friend (Sapphire radeon 7750 low profile), and when i install the card it doesnt give signal to my monitor but it makes the windows sound when i get into windows.

PC Specs:
400W power supply
4 gig ram
Intel Pentium g645 2.9 GHZ dual core
Windows 8.1

P.S. I'm kind of new to computers and don't know how to access the bios because if i shift restart The UEFI Firmware Settings is not there.

Solution
You need to hit either F2 or Delete to enter the BIOS sometimes you should be able to see on the boot screen what button to hit to enter "setup". Your system may be defaulting to the motherboards graphics for display. I'd check to see if one of your outputs is actually sending an output to your monitor. (Basically connect your monitor to your motherboard etc until you get a display)

caqde

Distinguished
You need to hit either F2 or Delete to enter the BIOS sometimes you should be able to see on the boot screen what button to hit to enter "setup". Your system may be defaulting to the motherboards graphics for display. I'd check to see if one of your outputs is actually sending an output to your monitor. (Basically connect your monitor to your motherboard etc until you get a display)

Solution

DentistPHD

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
The card was working fine on my freinds computer.

P.S. I currently havn't tried the BIOS its too dark atm and don't want to wake everyone up. I'm going to try it in the morning.