Corsair Zero-RPM Mode vs. Cooler Running Temps

theorange

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
So, I've been looking for a semi-modular 750W psu, and I've been looking at some corsair ones (For no reason at all, I just like them. There might be some better brands out there.) I'm not sure whether to get a 750W CXM or a TXM.

You can see on Corsair's Website that the cx series runs a lot cooler than the tx psus, at 30C vs 50C, but the tx psus have Corsair's zero-rpm mode. I was just wondering, is the higher heat rating because of the zero-rpm, and it runs cooler when the fan is actually cooling?

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
CX Series uses poor capacitors.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $89.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Ready for 4th Generation Intel Core Processors (C6/C7 Idle Mode)

Unleash the next generation in power with the EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Power Supply. Based on the award winning G2 series Power Supplies from EVGA, this power supply features 80 PLUS Gold rated efficiency, and clean, continuous power to every component. The new ECO Thermal Control Fan System offers fan modes to provide zero fan noise during low load operations. This provides improved efficiency for longer operation, less power consumption, reduced energy costs and minimal heat dissipation. Backed by a 10 year warranty and Japanese capacitor design, the EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 is not only the right choice for your system today, it is also the best choice for your system tomorrow.

theorange

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Just the CX series, or all Corsair PSUs?

That EVGA one looks pretty nice at a quick glance, for a really nice price, but is there any difference between this one (the one you recommended) and this one? At just a quick glance I don't see a difference, but there has to be something that warrants a $50 difference?