HELP! New computer build not coming on

Ethan Carter

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
OK so I just got finished building this computer and ive tried everything. The specs:

case-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006CSKMKW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Graphics card-Intel 4400 integrated AND/OR Nvidia GTS 450 Galaxy

CPU-Intel core i3 3.4ghz 4130 LGA 1150

mobo-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D12OASW/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PSU-Logisis Corp 550 Watt

RAM-used micron 4gb stick (sold from a 100% seller that sold 2 of em (1x4gb of 1600mhz)

Ok, so what happens is when I try to boot the computer up, all the fans spin up, including the CPU fan (stock fan/heatsink) and the power button light comes on but the reset button light around the button blinks red. It does that the moment I power on and it keeps doing that. I couldnt find a light on the motherboard that lit up. Before you ask, I have done all the PREFORM THESE STEPS before making this post- I have

-plugged in the 8 pin CPU power plug
-Tried booting up from both integrated and dedicated, and I get nothing on the monitor(s) that I tried (DVI and VGA)
-Used only 1 RAM stick (thats all that I have)
-Tried the RAM stick in all 4 slots there is
-CPU fan was plugged in because it works
-Im next to certian that I installed the CPU right. No pens were bent im pretty sure of that. It was bought new from tigerdirect off amazon
-I have indeed installed all the standoffs...i think...
-I didnt install the beep speaker because I couldnt figure out where it went
-pretty sure its not my psu. Worked on my last system and im pretty sure this one takes less power then the last just cause the last consisted of more older and less efficient parts.

Thank you for helping me.
Ethan

g-unit1111

Titan
If I had to guess right off the bat I'd say it's your power supply - Logisys PSUs are on the extreme low end, and if you're running an Intel system with a dedicated GPU, a power supply with poorly made capacitors won't turn on that rig. You'll have to invest a bit more into a better power supply.

Ethan Carter

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
Sorry, but it cant be my power supply. It worked in my last build that took even more power then this one. im trying an open case build now

g-unit1111

Titan

PSUs don't always transfer between builds though - what works on one build will not always work on the next. Power requirements constantly change and any time you do a new build from scratch you should update the power supply, it's not the wattage (that is an important factor) but how it's made is one of the most important factors. Just because your PSU worked on the last build, if it's poorly made, it won't always work on the next. And it's mainly a problem I've seen with Intel builds - especially Sandy Bridge and higher are usually picky with lower quality supplies.

Ethan Carter

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
OK well i guess ill do some more troubleshooting but if all else fails ill get a new psu. It worked on my AMD Athlon x2 64 but i see what youre saying. This is a haswell processor by the way.
Thanks