Do you buy fireworks

jaraldo

Honorable
We have an enthusiast in our town who buys about $1,000 worth each year and sets up a show that everyone comes over to watch; lasts about 10 minutes. Really nice to watch :)

I occasionally will buy $10 worth and get 2/3 roman candles to shoot off for the event :p

Here in California some cities allow the so called "safe and sane" fireworks. My brother lives in one, so I usually spend about $40 on some of those, he spends about the same and we do our own thing. Luckily, he also lives kinda close to a minor league baseball stadium and we can watch their fireworks display from his driveway. Plus, people (within a few blocks of my brothers house) tend to buy and set off the illegal fireworks from mexico and they usually get quite a few off before the cops or fire department can catch them.

gumbykid

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
Well where I live, Arizona, it is legal to buy fireworks, but not to use them. It's basically the state gov telling you to be sneaky about it, but i'm too broke for that when Steam Summer Sale is on.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
No, unless its the cheap $3 pack where you get 30 flash fireworks ( forgot the name of it).

I can't really justify spending a lot of money to see something for a couple of seconds and then its gone. I usually sit back and watch the fireworks in my neighborhood.

generally i do not buy or even watch fireworks.

i will not go out of my way to watch fireworks. if i happen to be at an event where they start going off then i may watch them for a few minutes but that is it. i will not drive to an event or even attempt to find a show on tv showing fireworks

if someone drives past south of the border or another such store sometimes they pick us up some bottle rockets or screamers and we will set those off a few at a time during the year to entertain the dogs. if they get us some m80's we also use a few here and there throughout the year. otherwise no, i dont even set off fireworks and i certainly do not go out of my way to buy them.

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
When i was small, i would have my dad stop at a hardware store when we went to the country house and i'd buy those really small red firecrackers. Must of been 2 or 3 hundred per pack. But they all are a firehazard really and they do pollute. Shoot them over water? I don't think the frogs and fish will appreciate.