Asus' HZ-2 Docking Station is Versatile

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
100 Mbps Ethernet only? Epic fail. I'd actually be interested in this dock, but I *need* gigabit Ethernet to work with my NAS. I don't see a reason why it can't be installed in HZ-2, USB 3.0 bandwidth is more than enough for it!

I hope it's cheap, like $50-$70.

What happened to docks with dgpus? I would LOVE to have a lets say Asus Zendbook and be able to play all my games with a GeForce GTX gpu in the dock. But then when unplugged, have the portability, versatility, and lightweight of a laptop.

However, Gigabyte is working on such a system so I hope that is a success.

I hope it's cheap, like $50-$70.

What happened to docks with dgpus? I would LOVE to have a lets say Asus Zendbook and be able to play all my games with a GeForce GTX gpu in the dock. But then when unplugged, have the portability, versatility, and lightweight of a laptop.

However, Gigabyte is working on such a system so I hope that is a success.

I had one of those AMD systems with the dock a few years back. Unless it improves I'll pass on it. It was junk never worked right. I hope Gigabyte does better because I really like the idea though.

In order to do that you would need something with the speed of Thunderbolt, not USB 3.0. Right now 3.0 is too slow for that, especially with the overhead that comes with USB. 3.1 will be 2x faster but still will have a lot of overhead and I don't know if it supports something like ePCIe like Thunderbolt does.

Rajat Khosla

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
hope it worth for our penny and i like asus transformer T300 Tab which has been great feature and thank you for this great article on docking station,,

Status
Not open for further replies.