4790K problems. Sudden black screen after restart

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Hey guys. So i may of mentioned previously in a board that i had changed out my 4770K to a 4790K. I just got the processor litterally nomore than 30 minutes ago after posting this board. After installing it i reset the bios settings, put everything the way it should, and everytime i reset, or reset through Windows, i get a red light near the Memory and my video signal gets lost while all my fans are have seizures. To prevent this, now i have to force shut down, and turn it back on. I have a Sabertooth Z87 motherboard with G.skill 32GB memory kit installed. Long story short, this system was running fine with the 4770K. And yes, i have updated the bios to the latest 2004 version to support the 4790K. Any suggestions? Another thing is the processor only does 4.2GHZ turbo.

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
I fixed it! It's a DERP but i just didn't follow instructions carefully. When you update to the new 2004 bios version (Most of you ASUS Z87 owners, this may happen to you too if running the new Devil's Canyon processor), make sure you do the update through the updater you receive in the Zip File otherwise you'll continue to get a CPU_Led light issue. I hope this will help others who may stubble upon the problem and may of updated through a USB drive instead. Good luck everybody. -Pats self and leaves-