Why isnt my port registering as open even though it is

Marcello Bachechi

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
Hello all, I have recently created a new server for my website I have port forward my router correctly (Port 80 is open to the ip address of my server). For some reason Canyouseeme.org and other websites similar cannot see that the port is opened. I have disabled my firewall and it still could not connect I have tried rebooting: my server, my computer, My router, My switches, and My modem. I cannot think of anything that could be going wrong.

Marcello Bachechi

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

My setup is: xfinity modem, linksys router portforwarded, and a dell poweredge 1950 server running ubuntu server 12.04. I am able to access my other server (media server running on port 25580) but not my server on port 80 I have tried switching my ipv4 address with my server and my computer. I was able to connect to my media server from my neighbors internet through port 80 and yet still my ubuntu server was still unable to be reached from port 25580. I disabled the firewall on the ubuntu server and yet it is still giving me problems!

jamesmcuk

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Usually this is due to a firewall setup on on the PC you are port forwarding too, in your case this would be on your server. There could be three, the OS one, the website server software one and any AV type software you may also have installed

Marcello Bachechi

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

Sorry I've been working late this last few nights.I tried turning off the media server and the issue has not stopped. I still cannot connect to the server from a remote ip.

jamesmcuk

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
I mean the firewall in the website server software. Sometimes needs setting up. I am not familiar with Linux stuff so can only really point you in the direction

Marcello Bachechi

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

Unfortunately I wrote the software myself there is nothing that I have written that acts as a firewall except for multiple logins from different locations