Intermittent Mobo USB Ports and Flickering 2nd Monitor

RhysMusique

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014
Hey,
Last night I was playing a game with some friends and they were complaining that my headset was kinda intermittent, after a while i noticed it actually disconnecting and reconnecting quickly, every 10 mins or so.
After that, my keyboard then turned off randomly. I should take this time to explain my set up.

Motherboard back panel______________Keyboard________Headset
|_____________Mouse

So i've got a Corsair Raptor K50 keyboard with my Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset plugged into it, all plugged into the back panel of the motherboard.

Thats only half the problem, i changed the USB ports i used and the peripherals have been fine ever since (knock on wood)

So today I was just browsing the web on my 2nd monitor whilst watching a video on my 1st monitor. The 2nd monitor flickered to a completely black screen but the monitor remained on, it does this around every half an hour, also I think i saw my NZXT cable LED case lights flickering in the corner of my eye but i cant be too sure.

Are these problems linked? I was thinking maybe a PSU problem? I'll list my full specs anyway to see what you guys think.

CPU: i5-3570k
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LX
PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitors: AOC i2367FH
Peripherals: Corsair Raptor K50 Keyboard, Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset, MADCATZ Rat 5 Mouse
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance (2x4)
GPU: PNY GTX760

duttona

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Hi Rhy , I believe your problem here is faulty drivers , I would update your motherboard USB drivers , sound drivers and also your video card drivers while you are at it , if that does not help let me know !