Help for picking a motherboard for FX-8350.

Kostasthiafi

Reputable
May 29, 2014
I am looking for a motherboard to buy for this CPU, but i am in a budget. I have found two Asrock motherboards and want opinions. The motherboards are: Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 and Asrock 970 Extreme4. From what i've heard the chipset is not that good for 8-core CPUs.

Kostasthiafi

Reputable
May 29, 2014

Well I won't buy the parts from newegg since i live in greece. And the sabertooth is way above what i can buy. I am looking for something that will go well with the FX-8350 and has no higher price than 80-85 euros.

Here's an Asrock 990FX that can be purchased through Amazon Italy. Nice board.
http://it.pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-990fxextreme3

pcpartpicker.com is a good way to search for parts and find sellers that you can buy from; just be sure to choose your country or one from which you can purchase. Thats done in the upper right hand corner.

Sorry I can't help more, but I have no idea what companies you have available to purchase from.

Kostasthiafi

Reputable
May 29, 2014

Well I can pick this up for 90 euros from the same place I buy the CPU. One more question. Is HyperX Fury RAM worth the 38 euros?

which version Fury, that is speed (1600, 1866 etc.), latency (9 or 10), quantity (4GB, 8GB, etc). HyperX is some of, if not THE most dependable RAM out there right now (Per Puget Sound Computers company), so just about any of it will be good. But you won't see much of any performance gain above 1600, and a lower latency (9 vs. 10) will make no difference to the average person-we'll never see a speed difference. Quantity does matter, and for gaming 8GB is about optimal. I am running 16GB (I gained bragging rights with my best friend) but have Never seen my system use over 8GB at one time - and I had to run a game, two or three downloads and stream some video all at one time to see that. Currently have about 8 windows open and am copying data to a DVD and am using 2.52GB.