AMD live Streaming/Gaming pc

Here you are. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/QgjTzy

I changed out your PSU because the corsair cx's are unreliable. I used the XFX brand which is arguably the best in PSU's. Also the motherboard you selected didn't support the RAM you had selected (your board only supports RAM speeds from 1066 to 2000), so I changed it out for some 1866 speed. And with the money saved, I upgraded your GPU to the wonderful R9 290x. That card will bring you much happiness in games...It's a beast! Let me know if you need any additional assistance or suggestions.

The memory controller on the FX chips is weak sauce anyhow so 1600 or 1866 is def all you need, the XFX is a Seasonic made PSU while a lot of the Corsairs are made by Channel Well. Seasonic and Delta are known to be the best of the best as far as power supply manufactures go.

The 770 and 290x will trade blows as far as gaming goes, but the r9 has a bit more RAW power, and also DRAWS more power. so if heat and efficiency are major concerns stick with the gtx 770. it also has CUDA so depending on your non gaming applications this could be a big help.

jasondugo

Honorable
May 2, 2014
Thanks for the advise guys, I have a quick question if anyone can tell me. Do I really need a SSD will it benefit me streaming if so by how much?

im not sure if it will benefit the streaming...but they are pretty great anyhow and i highly recommend you budget at least a 60GB one for the operating system to be installed on and the most important apps like web browsers, photoshop etc. Then use a 500GB or 1TB regular HDD for storage of large media like games and movies.