CPU Usage Drops

ShadingVaz

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
So, I'm doing all my work, minding my business, when I suddenly can't do anything. When I normally look at Task Manager it indicates around 40% CPU usage but when the lag spike happens it indicates from 0% to about 5%.
It was really bad and I could hardly do anything, even when my laptop booted, when it started. After that I reinstalled my system, thinking I had viruses, and it was a bit better. Then I found out what made me lag, CPU usage.
I think it might be physically damaged as I was hitting my laptop in rage but I doubt that because my laptop hardly shatters when I hit it. This means that I might have a hardware virus.

I have an Intel Core Duo T2400 clocked at 1.83 GHZ. Tell me if you need any more information. Please help me because I really need to use this laptop :( .
Edit: I have had this laptop for a long time without having any problems.

ShadingVaz

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
"If you hit your lappy too hard then it might have broken the fan or something in the circuitry which led to overheating and ultimately leads to performance throttling ."
No, I'm here in safe mode with networking with it performing fine. I wouldn't believe that that's the case.

ShadingVaz

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Well, today it did say an error something like: Unauthorized access has bla bla bla. Reinstall Windows to activate it.

I'm not sure what this means. Maybe my installation disc is faulty. Well, I'll get my dad to help me.

ShadingVaz

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
I'm going to get a new ISO installation file and try a clean install. Hopefully my problems will be solved. If not, I'm going to get a new laptop.

ShadingVaz

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Well bye. I will try and reinstall my Windows once again with my normal install disc. If that doesn't work, well, I'll get my new ISO file. C'ya!

ShadingVaz

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014

Well I've now found out that it is my hard drive. I have installed Windows XP and it sometimes freezes and while it freezes I hear a clicking sound. Also, I've tried installing other versions of Windows 7 and it always says it's corrupt, which means that it's a hard drive problem.

Well, I know it's a hard drive problem because I've mainly been hitting the bottom right corner and the hard drive is in that place.

I will get a new hard drive or I'll replace my current one ASAP.