Advice for a Beginnner: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

cwb50

Reputable
May 22, 2014
I have made a few posts asking for wisdom on my first gaming rig, because I am 100% new I have said I need simplified advice and just help... However they always become just a big argument. So I am changing my strategy.

Tell me what you think of this one part: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

To be honest, I don't care a whole lot about my case. Looks don't matter to me ;) so I am fine with skimping to save money on a cheap case. However, I know I want one with good airflow and one that comes with good fans (I think, so I've been told).

If you need it for reference here is my whole build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mZKtQ7

Expectations of my rig:
1. Great for gaming at high quality
2. Online ready (wireless/ethernet)
3. Preferred to be under $800 (currently over my "budget")
4. Types of games: Minecraft, Sims 4, Elderscrolls, Valve (half-life, portal), some others.
5. Also I do lots of video editing!

PLEASE do not argue, it just makes me so confused. And PLEASE keep the language simple. Avoid abbreviating cause I never have any idea what they mean.

cwb50

Reputable
May 22, 2014
Is it maybe a good idea to find a case that comes with its own power supply? Would that be more cost effective? If so can anyone suggest a couple?

Tapickett22

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
I'm looking into building with the 200r as well, from what i've seen it has gotten good reviews, I've always been a Corsair fan, I like their aesthetics as well as their performance.

The 200r will fit all of your basic needs without the bells and whistles, plenty of room, good airflow, my advice though, don't use stock fans, go out and buy some aftermarket fans from Noctua or Corsair if you want better airflow. Also invest in an aftermarket air or liquid cpu cooler if you're really worried about heat.