Building a PC for the first time. Need advice.

Kirodawg

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
Hey everyone, I have never built a PC before but would like to build my next computer as my current one is getting old. My budget is around $1500, and I already picked out a list of components. Just wanted to see if they were all compatible(looked up as much as I could) and see if its decent. It will be a mini ITX build, since I want something fairly small, but I just love the case I picked, even though it is more form over function, and a bit pricey.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rmQrYJ

Also will be using this to cool it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835203017

Thanks for the help!

Frisbee_68

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Everything looks compatible in your system, and it looks like a solid build, however I would highly recommend a Corsair Hydro series product for the CPU cooler if you are looking at liquid cooling. I have heard some issues with the Intel coolers such as noise and hardware problems.

Kirodawg

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
Yea that is one of the main things I'm trying to figure out.

Not sure if I should go air cooler or water in that small it's build.

Trying to figure out which cooler, as I originally had a corsair h75 but ibfelt like that maybe was too big with the dual fan setup, as I wanted to Mount them in the empty space between the back of the case, since the case is a little unique with the room in the back. Was also thinking the h55 would fit better maybe.

Another thing was the motherboard. I don't know too much about it, and don't know much about that brand. Wasn't sure if there wasn't a better motherboard for the money.

I found out that I can get the 4790k for only 5 bucks more, so I will getting that instead.

Was wondering if anyone had actually made an itx build in that case before and if they had any tips/suggestions.

Frisbee_68

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
ASRock makes decent motherboards, not top of the line, but still pretty good. The H55 would fit nicely in that case and the H75 probably would too, and water cooling is better in smaller cases since it gets the heat right out of the case instead of being stuck inside with uneven airflow.