LAN disconnects during game

Anpu101

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
Hi

Me and my brother play games together and after sometime during the game he will lag out. This is during Local area network. No internet connection. We are using direct LAN, Who ever is not the host will lose connection. Seems to happen randomly. There are times when we can finish a DotA but other times when we aren't even 5minutes in the game. Also he cant copy from my pc or his lan will disconnect and he has to take out his LAN cable and put it back in to get our pc's showing again. It is frustrating. It is not the LAN cable we have tried over 5 LAN cables. Is there maybe any software that could make LAN disconnect? I have look on Google for my problem and seems i cant find a solution. I have a 3g dongle that i have shared with him so when it connects we both have internet from the 3g dongle it also disconnects when it is shared and he has internet access but it seems to not disconnect that much if we playing online. our ip's stay to 192.168.137.1 and his is 192.168.137.2 Default gateway for me is the same as my ip and his is my ip. But it seems no matter what ip i use it still disconnects.