What do youtubers use to record the facecam and editing program?

itzrichard

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Hi:)
I was wondering what youtbers use to film the face cam and then put it in the gameplay footage?

I already have iMovie and a digital camera, what else do i need?
Please reply me as soon as possible!:)

Thanks in advance:)

Jim_the_Greek13

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
There's not only one option as to what you can use to record your facecam. If facecam drivers exist for your camera then download them (drivers like these turn your camera into a webcam, but you have to have it connected to your pc). If drivers like these don't exist for your camera, you are going to need to buy a webcam, even a cheapone will do (l have a Microsoft lifecam-3000 and it records 720p 30fps.) It is most likely that the webcam will come with a cd with the drivers. If it's a microsoft webcam you'll be able to record it using movie maker, as well. You are also going to need a software that records your gameplay (if you have an nVdia gtx gpu then you have shadowplay, if not there are many other programms like fraps, dxtory, bandicam etc.) Once you've recorded your gameplay and your webcam you'll need to put them together into one video. To do that, you are going to need a video editing software that suports multi-layer editing (personaly use premiere pro cc, also l'm not familiar with iMovie, but if it allows multi-layer editing it will do the job). Oh and by the way, you'll need a microphone and if you want to record your console (playstation, xbox, wii) you are also going to need a capture card. l hope my information was clear, if you have ANY questions let me know.

itzrichard

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

Hi.
Sorry for not replying, my internet stopped working and we had to get experts inn.
So what i currently have is:

Macbook pro 13,3 inch screen, i5 2,4 ghz cpu, 4gb memory, 128gb storage(only 18gb left)

Canon eos 600D

One external hard drive 500gb

One tripod

Xbox 360

As i said earlier i have iMovie for editing software.

I also want to start streaming, but i found out that i need OBS but i have already downloaded it and figured that out.
But one of my questions are, what web cam should i get for face cam in streaming and for youtube videos?

My last question is, should I get the avermedia live gamer portable or should I get the lite version?

Thanks in advance!

Jasmine Kohls

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I have a question to add I used bandicam when me and my friend were talking on Skype but when I watched it all I could hear was my friend. I tried using fraps but it isn't the best for my computer I think

TRENDING THREADS