Future Upgrades for My Current Build

Andronew

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
So I built this rig last February for about a $1000 CAD on Newegg. It's been a good gaming PC since but I would like to invest in an upgrade as it is lacking graphically in newer games such as Battlefield 4 for example. My build can handle the game around low-medium settings, 1920x1080, with a fluctuating framerate from 45-60 FPS. I would like to run the game, however on almost max settings, and maintain, at least, a constant 60 FPS. These are the current specs of my build;

CPU:
Intel-Core i5 3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz (Turbo Boosted to 3.8GHz)

GPU:
MSI R7770 Overclocked Power Edition with 1GB of dedicated video memory

Motherboard:
MSI ZH77A-G43

PSU:
Rosewill CAPSTONE 550W

RAM:
8GB (2x 4GB CORSAIR Vengeance)

HDD:
Western Digital WD Blue 750GB
Western Digital WD AV-GP 1TB

Optical Drives:
2x ASUS SATA 24X DVD Burner
LG CH12LS28 12X Blu-Ray Reader & Lightscribe DVD Writer

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

As for any upgrades that I've thought of, I have considered an SSD but at the moment I have 706GB free on my build so it's not much of a concern right now (although I would enjoy the faster boot time). As for GPUs, I have considered this GTX 770 and this R9 280X. Although the two GPUs would boost my PC's performance greatly, I do believe that my current specs would bottleneck either GPU greatly. My question for you guys is; if I were to have a budget of about $500 CAD (with a little bit of leeway for shipping, taxes, etc.) for an upgrade, what kind of upgrade would you recommend that would increase my PC's performance overall without overly bottlenecking any aspect of the system. I don't necessarily need my system to be "future proof", but I would like the upgrade to last me for another year or two in terms of overall performance and gaming.

Andronew

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

Ok yea my main concern was that my i5 was going to bottleneck the GPU. Do you have any recommendations for upgrades in my build or do you think that a GPU upgrade is all that I need?

gpu like r9 280x and gtx 770 will help you to play games at ultra settings looking at your config i think except your gpu everything is fine for now...