Huge difference between 2ms and "5ms" monitor.

G

I switched from my old TN 2ms monitor to a IPS "5ms" monitor and I noticed that while playing FPS games and watching movies I see ghosting. While I was playing BF4 and running around it almost felt like I had 30 fps although I had 50-60 fps. I couldn't really tell what was going around and trying to focus on something while running and moving camera made me dizzy.

Before buying my LG 23MB35PM-B monitor I made a research and people said that there is no difference between 2ms and 5ms and you won't really notice anything below 10ms. I call BS on that and regret buying a IPS monitor, yeah colors look nicer, but what's the point if you can't enjoy playing the game or watching the movie.

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
There shouldn't be no diference, make sure your Vsync is on and meassure your framerate with a program (if not already).
Make sure you're using HDMI.

Also some ghosting can occur beacuse of contrast so try lowering that and changig it until you get a better result.

G

Why Vsync on? Never had it on and never will.
This monitor doesn't support HDMI, only D-Sub and DVI, i'm using DVI.

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

DVI's good

But try Vsync at your refresh rate would you kindly. Just try. Also try shifting contrast as said.

G

Vsync did change quite a lot, but it still isn't as smooth as my old monitor was. I don't think that contrast changed anything, but made it look worse visually.

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Ok so now we got that out of the way.

Ghosting can also occur from motion blur (try disabling it) and as I've heard from some stuff you have plugged into your PC (so try to unplug various USBs and reshifting necessary ones). Also make sure your frames are actually 60 and not lower.