Cyberpower Fangbook 17.3" EVO HX7 with GTX870M

dsbw

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Beware of this machine: The touchpad does NOT scroll. (And now, having researched it, it's apparent that CyberPower likes saving money by using subpar touchpads.)

This may seem like a minor issue, but it's not something you can correct, it's not noted on the site, and you probably don't realize how much you depend on the scroll wheel (unless you remember laptops from ten years ago).

So you get your laptop, and you're happy, and then you discover this little glitch, and support tells you to go through the usual driver installation steps and they can't figure it out, so they kick it up to tier 2, where support says, "Oh, yeah, it doesn't do that. Outta luck sucker."

So, you have the option of packing it up, paying for shipping, and of course eating the $70 shipping you paid to get it in the first place. (And God help you if you had a rush order, like a sap).

But if you decide, okay, I can live with this for the next 18-months, or 2 years or 3 years or however long your laptop buying cycle is, you get to be haunted by wondering what OTHER basic feature they left out to save $2.50.

"Mousepad that works?" Not even an option on their site. All the customization coming out the wazoo but not that.

Just stay away, I say.

(Also, within a week of getting it, it responded to waking up from hibernation by not waking but instead having its fans go berserk. I'm guessing that's a fluke but who knows. Maybe they decided "fans" were another good place to go cheap.)

CAaronD

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
Cheap quality I guess? Yeah ... These companies get the bottom grade parts ... They are earning TOO much ... They are filthy rich from giving low grade parts ... Makes me sad how these people think of the money more than the customers.

CAaronD

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
Get a Lenovo, My brother has one works like a charm :) I'm using an Acer and I have NO Problems. Been using it for one year, only problem is heat. Sp I bought a laptop fan and now there is no heat issues anymore.