Which 1440p Monitor to use

B3NDY

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
So I have a 780 TI now and have been told that the sweet spot for the 780 TI is 1440p so I am now looking into getting a 1440p monitor.

So my question is what would be the best, most affordable monitor for the money. Somewhere around the £300 mark because I've seen some for £400+ which is more than I would really want to spend on a monitor.

I'm going to be using it for gaming so no more than 5ms response time if possible and basically just the best I can get for the money right now.

Also at the moment I have a BenQ 1080p monitor which is pretty good but I was wandering if I could use it at the same time as the 1440p and also if I ever wanted to play 1080p instead of 1440p to get some extra fps could I run games at 1080p on the 1440p monitor or will that not work?

Leonell12

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
you're really not going to find very good 1440p monitors at that price, this is the cheapest but decent one i found http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-q2770pqu while this is the one i would really recommend http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/dell-monitor-u2713hm...also yes you can indeed run 1080p on a 1440p monitor however not running a monitor on its native resolution produces less than desirable results, it is still do-able and shouldnt be a massive issue, there will be some pixilation however it really shouldnt be very noticeable in games compared to your BenQ 1080p monitor

EDIT: i found a monitor called 'QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" however it may not be available in the UK if thats where you are right now

B3NDY

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

Thanks for the options, I see what you mean by the fact I cannot get them at that price. The AOC seems quite reasonable for what it is and the Dell Ultrasharp may be a viable option if I save up for that which is probably my most likely option as I don't want to be having to get a new too soon.

Although the QNIX QX2710 isn't available on amzon in the UK, which is indeed where I live, I can get it on ebay from South Korea at very good prices with no postage costs and so this seems like if anything one of the best options. The only question is if it is any good or is it only cheap because of how good it is?

Also thanks for the confirmation with the 1080p gaming on the 1440p monitors, I think I will just use the 1080p monitor as a second screen and then play the games on that if I want to game at 1080p.

B3NDY

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
To be honest I'm a bit sceptical about the Korean monitor. There are lots of different mixed reviews on it and some of which don't sound too good at all. The mixture of inputs is also a bit off puting too because some people say you only get dual link DVI and others way they get that plus HDMI and DisplayPort so I'm not so sure. If I were to go for a better known brand and wasn't too worried about price then what would you suggest because I don't mind saving up and looking around to get a better, long lasting monitor? Thanks for the replies btw

Leonell12

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
Solution