Full page pop-ups, I won't use this site anymore!

fencer55

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
I've been an avid reader of Tom's Hardware for at least 10 years, but recently, the advertisements have become so annoying that I will no longer be coming to this site.

It was bad enough when I couldn't look at your website on my phone due to all the pop-up adds, but when I'm on my PC and I get a full page pop-up that I cannot close...I'm done with this site. Cya!

wcr3d

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
I'll have to agree with the OP, I don't typically log into every site I'm registered with. I have been a fan of Tom's for many years, I was hoping it was just a site management error to be corrected soon. I can see from the exceptional answers here that is not going to be the case. So for me it's goodbye Tom's, you lost another one. FYI, no it is NOT a malware problem.

if you load the main site without being logged in you will see a large add to the left and right (where grey space would be if you were logged in). this seems to be new as i do not remember having one this large before.

if you load the forums then you will see a pop up advertisement, each page will have text links and a few other small adds scattered about.

if you are logged in you will not see any advertisements.

on occassion i view TH from my mobile and if you are logged in the site works fine.

29csw21.png

note the big yellow newegg advertisements. they look rediculously large if you have your zoom settings around 120% at around 100% they just look like tall banner ads.

i need to have my zoom levels higher since i use a tv or else i cannot read. still, if you're a member it certainly doesnt make sense why you would just not log in to disable all advertisements.