Is my system going to be bottlenecked?

auzzle

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
I have a friend who will be shipping me their old pc from 2010. Here is a link to it.
http://
And I know that clearly it cannot play games at all. Although On my current PC I would like to take my GTX 660 superclcoked from my current PC and put it in the HP when I get it. I was curious If the system would be bottlenecked. I don't know much about bottlenecking so I appreciate the help.

My Current PC Specs
AMD FX-6100 6 cores 3.3 Ghz
8 GB 1333 Mhz Ram
GTX 660
1 TB Hitachi Hard Drive
2 TB WD Green Hard Drive

numanator

Honorable
You would need a power supply upgrade before you could run the gtx 660 in that HP. There would probably be some CPU bottle necking but an overclock would probably help that. The mobo would probably limit your overclocks a bit though.

I am assuming that you are planning on getting a better GPU for your current PC since it would be better than the pc your friend is sending to you.

auzzle

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
Yes I am going to get a better graphics card for my current PC budget is 300 and am considerin 280x or 280 not sure tho. Also I do have a spare PSU already. What GPU do you recomend. I need to be able to record at 60 FPS High settings 1080p For my youtube. Thanks a lot.

numanator

Honorable
GTX 770 (just a bit over budget)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz)

or R9 280x
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)

The major advantage that the gtx 770 has over the r9 280x is that it allows you to use Nvidia Shadowplay to record which is supposed to be pretty good (dont personally record so can't say from experience). Other than that they will perform the same for the most part but the r9 280x has 3gb Vram.