eyefinity problem whit 3 monitors

jourylek

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
hello
i bought 3 new full hd asus monitors yesterday. so i wanted to connect them up via my SAPPHIRE Dual-X R7 265 but when i want to display tree monitors it says "can't save display settings" i have on my gpu a dvi port a hdmi and a displayport al those r connect en converted via a stander dvi to hdmi and hdmi to hdmi and a displayport to hdmi. but is does not work im only allowed to use 2 of 3 monitors at the same time. i think by my self is has something to do whit the cable from my display port. but can someone help my ?

RastislavB

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Atleast 1 monitor needs to have a DisplayPort connection to the Graphics card or you can try using Sapphire Flex technology you can find it on their website.

EDIT : Just saw that your card doesn't support Flex, you need one monitor to be DisplayPort so that you can use 3 or more monitors.

RastislavB

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Eyefinity requires atleast one monitor to be a pure DisplayPort connection from the GPU to the monitor, the rest can be anything or in your case HDMI and DVI. If one isn't DisplayPort then you can use 2 monitors maximum.

RastislavB

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
What do you mean by two other GPUs? You can keep the HDMI adapter for DVI, HDMI uses HDMI so that's it and all you need is a DisplayPort cable to connect from DisplayPort on graphics card to DisplayPort on monitor. You keep everything and only change DisplayPort.

jourylek

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
so i need to buy a monitopr ehit a displayport cocnetion ? in meen whit 2 more gpus that if i heve 3 gpus can i use the 3 hdmi outputs of the 3 gpu too use 3 displays ?

RastislavB

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
When you say GPU it means a graphics card and you don't need to buy more graphics cards. You have 3 monitors. One monitor needs to have DisplayPort. If your monitors don't have that then you need to take one monitor and change it for a monitor with DisplayPort and use DisplayPort on that monitor. That will solve your problem.