GTX Titan Black Vs GTX 780Ti

Torguy

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Hey Guys,

So as the title says, however only thing holding me back from the 780Ti is the 3gb vram, I want at least 6gb hands down no convincing me otherwise.

Titan Black is damn pricey though, any other suggestions like SLI within the $1000 price range?

Many thanks for any feedback.

It depends what you want to be doing. The Titan Black is the exact same chip as the 780Ti, just with more vram slapped on.

For gaming there are better options, for large monitor arrays or high resolutions the extra vram could be helpful.

Torguy

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

This will be for gaming like BF4 as trash as it is, and Watch Dogs, those kinda games. Just one monitor 1080p maybe higher resolution on Ultra settings, I am a pretty basic gamer however I just want to be future proof.

Thanks.

For 1080p the 780Ti will be more than enough power to drive games for years to come. If it starts to undperform you can SLI or get a newer card.
The extra 3Gigs of vram wont make the card last longer at that resolution. The chip itself will struggle before vram becomes an issue.

KillBot

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
For your purposes you might even get away with a single 4GB 770, and if you like you could add a second one and it would still cost less than a Titan Black or 780ti.

My advice, get a single 290, which is a bit faster than a 780, and see how it runs for you. If you are satisfied, good! If not, you can always grab another and Xfire for less than the Titan Black.

Its the best of both worlds in theory, plenty of Vram and a strong core to back it up.