(AMD A10-5750M + Radeon HD 8650G) Vs. Intel Ci5 4200M

khanorak

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Hi

I am to buy a notebook. The following two HP notebooks are listed.

1. HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j070us
AMD A10-5750M + Radeon HD 8650G

2. HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j119wm
Intel Core i5 4200M

Now I know that Intel takes the lead with this processor as observed on cpuboss. But does the specified GPU with AMD CPU make any difference?

My usage details are:
1. Occasional gaming (Mostly FPS Online e.g. BF3).
2. Moderate MS Office usage.
3. AutoCAD, Primavera.
4. Lots of Videos.

Waiting for input from the community.

If you are gaming at all, it is worth it to get the AMD laptop. The graphics are far better than the Intel's and should be able to play Battlefield 3 at low settings, while the Intel laptop will have a lot of trouble doing that.

The Intel is a better CPU, but for your uses, I would get the AMD laptop. It is probably cheaper too.

khanorak

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011

Ok. That's to the point.

I guess working with an AMD processor, I won't feel much lag or will I?

No lag, definitely not. The GPU is a weak enough GPU that a even a Athlon X2 from 7 years ago would be able to handle it. The Intel by far is a better CPU.

Wait a second:

AMD's GPU: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+8650G

Intel's GPU: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Intel+HD+4600

Crap, i'll take back my last post. The Intel should definetly hold it's own in gaming, and it will probably perform on par with the AMD. Get the Intel laptop by far, as long as the cost is similar. I would still expect the AMD to perform better in gaming, but as soon as you need the CPU for anything intensive, it is no battle between the Intel and AMD. The Intel blows it away.

paolo412

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Im also getting the same specs.
I plan to play diablo 3, Dota 2 and a little battle field that's why my eyes are on AMD.

I do understand by what you posted that amd will quite fair in gaming. how about for Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and some web design and Programing applications?