LED Monitors Inquiry, if you have a LED monitor please come inside

Does your screen display the image up to the frame?

• My screen displays the image up to the frame without any pixel lines missing.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • My screen displays the image but I am missing 1-3 pixel lines from all sides close to the frame.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • My screen displays the image but I am missing more than 3 pixel lines from all sides close to the fr

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

markpc

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
So, I have been walking around trying to find the perfect LED screen to buy. Anyway, after selecting some of those screens, I found something weird. Inspecting the screens carefully, I found that the image does not extend to the monitors frames. In other words, if you look between where the image displayed ends and the frame, you will find 1-3 pixel lines not displaying anything depending on the model. Could this be that the frame is not aligned right or is this a screen fault? Please inspect your monitors closely and let me know.

P.S. I am not talking about a specific video I am talking about everything. I know about black bars. Though, this is not the issue here. The pixel lines I saw were not even lit.

markpc

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Thanks a lot for the reply and the vote. I started to think everyone on tomshardware got CRT monitors. I was walking around the stores checking those monitors. It troubled me that all the ones I saw are missing pixel lines. So, I started to wonder if it is a defect or they did not design the frames well. I wanted to buy Samsung T23A350 monitor because it is a tv monitor. I wish more people would participate in the vote mentioning their screen models. By the way, I checked other models. Same thing. If anyone got an explanation for me. I would really appreciate it.

I just inspected both my ASUS screens, neither of them have any missing pixel lines. Between the image on the screen and the bezel there is an equivalent of 1 pixel space of black but i am missing no part of the image. I think it really depends on what store and what brand you are looking at, there are some low price screens out there and you will find they aren't close to the standards of the better screens.

I can't find the Samsung T23A350 anywhere, so i don't know if you are finding it at a good price, but if it is notably more than something like an ASUS VE247H(~$180) then you should consider getting a good screen and a TV tuner card.

As for your poor responses, you posted right before a holiday weekend in the US so we don't have a ton of people on right now.

markpc

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Really appreciated. Two of the screens I saw had 1 pixel line missing. I wish I could get an explanation for the missing pixel line(s). I tried searching everywhere with no luck. I am between two theories. 1. The frames are poorly designed.
2. The firmwares do not display the picture right.

TRENDING THREADS