Skyrim- Modding with high settings and ENB's

Zombiespaz

Honorable
May 17, 2014
Hey everyone,

Recently i bought Skyrim Legendary edition, i have been wanting to run ENB'S and various other mods at the same time. My current specs are as follows:

HD Radeon XFX 6950
I7 2700K OC @ 3.9GHZ
8GB Ram

The current ENB installed along with recomended mods are here- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D30936%26preview%3D&pUp=1
The maximum FPS i get with some settings disabled like depth of field is 50 while the lowest can reach 15.
What new graphics card would people suggest for high levels of modding such as this? and is there any other ENB's which people know of which are less stress on the system?

Any advice would be much appreciated
thanks Harry

I have to ask, where did you learn to install the ENB mods, because I tried a step by step and it didn't work for some reason.

Anyways, do you care for PhysX or not (basically I am trying to decide if you should get AMD or Nvidia)?

Zombiespaz

Honorable
May 17, 2014
@ThemagicalWallaby, sorry for late reply. On the link i sent you if you click on different ENB's like you said there will be step by steps, i used a step by step youtube video for a specific ENB so it would help me further. I would like to switch to Nvidia now but don't know if i should get a 970 or 980

Get the 970

http://enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.htm
this is the original of all the enb's. ever other one you see is just a "preset" using this enb. out the box this enb is very performance friendly. it can actually provide better performance than stock skyrim since it can inject smaa, which is much more performance friendly than msaa you find in skyrim launcher or using amd/nvidia control panels to force msaa. it has its own AF filter, it can inject ambient occlusion, and it has memory management. for an extensive list of modding this enb you can look it its forums or on that same webpage are links to other popular presets.

otherwise, i would say an r9-280(hd7950) or gtx760 or higher is ideal for skryim with a full list of texture/mesh mods and an enb at 1080p. if your at a higher resolution like 1440p, an r9-290 or gtx780 or higher would be ideal.

ZeusGamer

Admirable

I agree with the first part of what you said, but on the GPU's I agree with TheMagicalWallaby. OP you should get the GTX 970 as it's the sweet spot of all the prices to performance ratio.

Zombiespaz

Honorable
May 17, 2014

What processor and motherboard would you suggest, at the moment when playing alien isolation and BF4 I am getting up to 100 degrees which is well very bad. Either my cooling unit is not working right or could it be something else?

Zombiespaz

Honorable
May 17, 2014

CPU, i mean my previous step father did most of my upgrading and i was a fool not to watch but now i'm older its different, i think it was a hybrid water cooler unless i do have to fill it up and thats why its gone like this; could it be that my gpu is just so old its exhausting the CPU, i wouldnt of thought an i7 2700k would do this?

Also think i might go for that cpu as editing will be done elsewhere majority of time but aren't games going to be starting to use the CPU more?
Sorry for all the questions just want to know for sure before i go out and buy and would i need a cooler like the h80i or something or not?