'07 Honda Civic Speakers

TryHardVermin

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
The stock speakers just won't do. I'm looking for a pair of 6.5" speakers for my front doors. My budget is $100. (Preferable less, due to the fact that I may be paying to have them installed, unless someone can help with that end). Thanks in advance!

Solution
If you're using an amp then get the DXI series. You will hear a difference. When you install the amplifier run the power and ground cables on one side of the car and the remote and rca cables on the other side. If you don't do that you'll get interference from the power cable. If you need help with the installation just pm me and I can help you out.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Are your speakers blown? Are you using the stock head unit? If you are using the stock head unit then the best audio upgrade right now would be to replace that. For speakers in that price range I would look at these:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DXI651/Polk-Audio-DXi651.html?tp=95
or if you want to save a few dollars then:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB651/Polk-Audio-db651.html?tp=95
The DXi is worth the extra money if you ever plan on upgrading the stereo more. If you are going to just replace the speakers and keep everything else stock then just go with the db series. Save the money and install them yourself. They are really easy to do.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
If you're using an amp then get the DXI series. You will hear a difference. When you install the amplifier run the power and ground cables on one side of the car and the remote and rca cables on the other side. If you don't do that you'll get interference from the power cable. If you need help with the installation just pm me and I can help you out.

Solution

TryHardVermin

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

alright thanks!

Vitte

Reputable
May 17, 2014
I may be too late, but have you considered component speakers instead of coaxial?

I take it your Civic's stock speakers have a woofer in the door and tweeter in the dash, unless you have the bare system. I personally recommend you try out a component set, it may raise your soundstage.

One fair thing about your '07 Civic, is that the dash speakers are fairly far out - which can help if you where to decide to mount the tweeters there.

Sony XS-GS1720S at sonicelectronix.com/ can be found for $180 with a $100 e-gift card. I know that's over your budget, but these new GS series speakers are nice for the money.

Some other speakers of notice:
JBL GTO608C
Pioneer TS-D1720C (if they fit)

Also, seal your doors and address any resonant issues with some dampening material. THIS right here is the key to better midrange/midbass.