Can't delete, rename, move files, or anything

Xelvania

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2014
I just did a clean install of my Windows 7 Operating System and now I can't do S*** w/ any of my files. All I get is a "Folder In Use. The action can't be completed because the folder or file is open in another program. Close the folder or file and try again."

I have repeatedly done so to the point where I am slamming my head on my desk out of frustration. My programs clearly aren't running and it's acting like it is. Can anyone help?

Edit: Now whenever I open up Skype, it just wants to reinstall itself over and over again.....Oh, someone please end this misery.

I have to ask.

1.Is this a OEM copy of windows 7 that came with the computer or a virus filled illegal copy pirated off the internet? (if the answer is the one you know what that means)

2. "I cant do ... with any of my files" what files where. are they on another hard drive. on the same hard drive as the os....where they restored from a backup program. you really kinda need to be more specific as there can be many different roads to this statement.

3. why did you do a clean reinstall? most people don't do a reinstall for poops and giggles. what issues did you have prompt you to do it.

TRENDING THREADS