Asus Chairman: Smartwatch Will Be "Hero" Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
while asus can make some killer hardware, their software is pure garbage. they need to stick to Vanilla Android as much as they can. The half baked apps i get with my motherboards, routers, and iphone apps, get around 4-5 updates within the first few months, and then suddenly go completely dark. they get no support or bug fix's after the initial deployment. DEFINITELY no features adds lol...

dovah-chan

Honorable
I'm not buying premature technology despite being attracted to the idea. Give it about 3-5 years and the market will flesh itself out and it'll be the norm at least for the middle class for sure.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
while asus can make some killer hardware, their software is pure garbage. they need to stick to Vanilla Android as much as they can. The half baked apps i get with my motherboards, routers, and iphone apps, get around 4-5 updates within the first few months, and then suddenly go completely dark. they get no support or bug fix's after the initial deployment. DEFINITELY no features adds lol...
Agreed. I had so many issues with my TF101, and then again with an asus laptop (UL80J, that ASUS quickly abandoned support for almost right after launch leaving the customers with driver conflicts between the network and video cards), I've decided not to give them any more of my money.

A watch as a 'hero' product, please. These idiotic smart watches aren't watches, they're just clunky miniature tablets with a wrist strap and crappy battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.