triple monitor gaming on a budget

tr0ubled

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
i am looking to drive a triple monitor gaming setup. I would like to keep my budget under $600 dollars, and can do a 2-way sli or crossfire (no more).

What would be the best card(s) to do this in order to keep minimum of 30 fps in most games (45+ would be preferable)?

Thanks!

(games i play frequently are: Gmod, Tf2, just cause 2, Bf3, left4dead 2, minecraft, and others)
setup: i7 4820k, 24gb ram, nvidia 640 4gb (bottleneck), 600 watt ps (needs to be upgaded), pegatron 2ACE motherboard. Prebuilt computer im upgrading. HP envy pheonix 810-150se.

You are going to need beefy cards, this is where the 4GB options instead of the 2GB ones come into play. By spreading across 3 screens you have tripled the resolution and workload.

If you are talking $600 including the screens it cannot be done, if you are only talking GPUs then it can be done but you will need a pair of good cards to pull it off. You also need to do some digging in your machine to find out if your board supports CF or SLI or you may need to replace the motherboard as well. The PSU will definitely need to be upgraded for this, so set aside about $120 for that.