Computer won't start up standing up?

xNick1999

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
I recently opened up my computer to clean it out and when I put on the side and put it back standing up, it wouldn't start up. I then put it back on its side and then it started up. When it started up again, I put it standing back up and there was no picture on my monitor. I then left it on its side and it's working again? Help please! Thanks

It sounds like a loose connection on your graphics card additional power cables. I would try reseating the graphics card (blow out the slot as well).

The next fix I would try is to reseat the RAM memory sticks. Remove each stick, clean the contacts, blow out the slot, and reinstall each stick.

xNick1999

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014

Well I am on my computer right now and it's working fine well on the floor. Can that still be a problem?

xNick1999

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014

Thanks for the help. I didn't even open the computer again and I just put it back up standing and it worked.

bac0n

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Could also be a loosely connected cpu heatsink\fan. It may have more contact while the machine is flat. Check that and every connection in the machine.

Bac0n