Are These Good Parts for the Money?

G

Hi everyone, I'm wondering whether this is a good build. All these parts are available at my local store, and I've tried to make the parts as blue as possible.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s47DkL
Just three notes:
I'm in Australia, and I'm using the Corsair VS550 for the PSU
in Australia all these parts cost $1497 (AUD)
I will be modding the case that is the only reason why I chose it: it was a good shape.

P.S. I will be using it for games like Minecraft, BF3 and possible COD. Also a HTPC possibly and one for doing work.

vladutan

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
That's a nice build you got there, i like that you consider an ssd, the build is fine id say I dont think it will bottleneck , you should be able to run bf4 on ultra settings with 60 fps easily. If you mod the case pls pm me with a picture and btw make sure that you get a cooler for your cpu, you gonna need one.
Thats all I can say youve build a nice computer even if you go for blue, cause with red you could make something asimilar maybe cheaper but same performance.
Cheers!

G

Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it! I probably will not be building it for another year or so (it is a school project and it hasn't even started yet!). If I remember, I will send you a pic of the finished product, but i am kinda basing it of this (I just loved the movie): http://englishrussia.com/2009/04/08/russian-wall-e-case-mod/11/
Also, what I noticed was that the red was slightly more expensive (red implying gaming). And I was also considering yellow with a Sapphire r9 280x toxic but it didnt fit in the case :(
Cheers!

vladutan

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014

Well, im glad i helped you if i gaved you the solution then select my reply as a solution so the thread will be solved. Thanks. Cheers!

G

Thanks for all your help, but I think I will leave the thread unsolved so more people can give their opinions on my build. Thanks once again.