Computer Constantly Crashing

davuitar

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
Hi, everyone.

Firstly, I'd like to say thanks to anyone that hopefully will be helping me.

Okay, so; my PC, as of about 2-3 weeks ago, has been crashing, mostly while playing games. This, however, is not a regular crash. While playing games, it crashes, and stays on the exact frame that I was on, and it doesn't move. I have to completely force restart it. As a side note, all of my PC's fans & PSU lights stay on. Also, I recently replaced my GPU w/ a GXT 750, and I fear this may be the cause. My PC being a shop bought PC though, I also fear it may just be old, and a part of it failing. Anyone that has ANY input whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, and my specs are as follows;

GTX 750 GPU
Intel i7 2600 CPU
800w PSU
8GB RAM
DH67BL MoBo

I hope that anyone can help me; cheers.

EDIT: I've done a driver sweep, so my old AMD drivers should not be interfering.

Tedfoo25

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
This is almost certainly caused by your GPU (graphics card), and is a crash typical of using too high of an overclock.

If your GPU is overclocked, reduce your core and memory clocks 20MHz.

If it's not overclocked, download MSI afterburner and take the power target to its maximum (105/106% depending on the manufacturer).

Post back here if this didn't help, and we'll try to assist you further.

davuitar

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014

Hi, tedfoo.

My GTX 750 is a standard factory new, non OC card. I would prefer to restrain from OC'ing it via MSI, however; I updated my BIOS as a last resort last night, and so far only one crash. It has drastically reduced the crashes, would this indicate anything other than the GPU?