WTB: 1155 Z77 Sabertooth/ROG mobo

fishypirhana

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hey there!

My old mobo for my 3570k just had two usb ports die on it, and I'm beginning to build a new PC, while maintaining some of the old parts. I'm going for a red and black build, so I'm on the hunt for a mobo that either offers predominantly red black features (like a sabertooth) or some sort of ROG board. Interested only in ATX form factors. I've got around 150 to spend, and a few dollars here and there to pay for shipping.

edit: predominantly red and black, not just black. old board was ASRock Extreme4
Any and all offers will be considered!

Thanks!

fishypirhana

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I've not been able to find that one in stock anywhere. It also doesn't offer very good SLI support, to my knowledge.
That is more along the lines of what I am looking for, though. Sorry if I'm making this complicated ;\

TheMentalist

Distinguished
No i understand. Back when Z77 was the big deal only ASUS was making beautiful motherboards(and the G1 Series). Now MSI and GIGABYTE are trying to do so too. For Z77 the only nice red/black or black mobo's were the ROG ones and the sabertooth. But many of them are all out of stock. So you don't have much choice.

fishypirhana

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I wouldn't mind a used one, so I'm trying to scour the interwebs for a sabertooth or an ROG. Should I up the ante and raise a bit more money if I want to consider a used one?

fishypirhana

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Thanks!
I don't trust eBay either. The 190 for the sabertooth seems...reasonable, considering the person describes it as "new."
Although didn't the sabertooth start out at 230 anyhow? 40 bucks off is a little lame.
Maybe someone will stumble on over here with a good deal on one.
*fingers crossed*

fishypirhana

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
And that's a good point, I could do that. Although I'm very wary about painting my mobo.
The only problem I have with the ASRock boards is that when light is shined on them, the pcbs look brown. Which is less than satisfactory ;P