How Do I Correctly Format My Drive?

Moonshaft

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
So I recently gutted out my case and upgraded almost everything.
New mobo, CPU, RAM, and GPU.
PSU, drive drives, and both HDD's are exactly the same, no change there.
I have 2 500gb HD's that are essentially all plugged in and I had been using both of them together to have one 1TB total instead of two separate disk drives. These drives were set up roughly six years ago and I haven't tampered with them since then.

So after putting in all the new parts and feeling proud of myself that I only managed to slice up and mutilate my thumb instead of causing any additional damage. Botting everything up I grab my student disk edition of Windows 7 Ultimate that I got for cheap from my university and started the process of installing Windows.
And then of course I get an error stating that windows 7 was unable to create a new system partition and I was stuck. A quick internet search led me to following these directions so that the installation will cooperate with me:

DiskPart <ENTER>
list disk <ENTER>
select disk 0 <ENTER>
clean <ENTER>
create partition primary align=1024 <ENTER>
format fs=ntfs <ENTER> (Will Take a While)
assign <ENTER>
active <ENTER>
exit <ENTER>
exit <ENTER>

It worked out great and it let me install Windows. Now however, my system is only detecting one of my HD's and the other one is sitting as a disk with unallocated space and a system reserved partition inside of it. I'm unable to merge both of the disk's together to create one large C:. You'll see below.
How can I go about combining everything so that I have my 1TB left instead of two separate 500 jiggly bits?

http://postimg.org/image/4y9z0w8gd/

Moonshaft

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
I woke up this morning with one of those ideas you get right when you get up and pray that you don't lose.
I was just being a complete and total idiot. D:
I went ahead and set up a RAID0 for the HD's and solved the issue. Thanks so much for the advice though and for putting up with my stupid question I should have known better on. xD;